Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Slice of Life, Day 5-- "Slicing Saves March"

You don't have to know me very long before you know how much I love winter. I mean seriously love it...the snow, the clouds, the cold, the decorations...

But, even I'll concede that by March, I am tired. It feels like it's stretched on for ages and ages.

It's changed from delightful, fluffy, white snowflakes, to endless, daily snow flurries.

From cold nights with twinkle lights, to a wet chill that gets in your bones.

From cloudy days holding promised snow days, to days you wonder if the sun will ever shine again!!

Will spring EVER arrive in Indiana this year, I wonder??

But, in my opinion, slicing redeems March. It forces you out into the virtual world when the real world is too frozen to support life.

I'm so thankful for our bright community of Slicers that usher in spring each year. I know, by the end of the challenge, I'll feel sun on my face and a warm(ish) breeze in the air.

Slicing saves March.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I never thought of the beauty of things as much before reading your post. Slice of Life does usher in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your contrasting descriptions of winter are so poetic. There is definitely something the dark days, layering up in the same warm clothes, having coats, boots, hats, gloves, and scarves everywhere that gets old after awhile! The Slice of Life community definitely helps break the monotony. Great Slice!

    ReplyDelete