Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Slice of Life, Day 12-- "Face Plant in the Dog Park"

Today I face planted in the dog park. Not an exaggeration, friends.

The muddy, smelly, nasty, dis-gust-ing dog park...

Let me tell you the story.

I got home and walked my dog over to the dog park across the street where I let him do his "business" (and where lots of people let their dogs do their business). Unlike others, I pick up my dog's business with the handy little bags they provide and deposit it in the convenient trash can located on the fence.

So, we've had a pretty wet winter here in Indiana, which means the place is a mud pit (mixed in with "other stuff"). As my Golden Retriever and I were leaving today, I got a boot stuck in the mud, turned an ankle, and landed directly in the muddy mess of nastiness.

The smell. Oh, the smell...

I've cleaned up and changed and I swear I can still smell it.

--gag--

I took my time getting up, because the last thing I wanted to do was lose my footing again. My dog, worried, started licking my face like crazy, which did not help.

I recovered, mostly in privacy, I think-- I didn't see anyone around, anyway--limped out of the park, got back to solid sidewalk, and headed home to clean up and ice my ankle.

So, tonight, no matter how bad your day was...imagine ending it with your nose inches from mud permeated with doggie do-do and be thankful.

It was like reading a book with a bad ending...such a great day, with such a, well, stinky ending.

Cheers to tomorrow, showers, and clean clothes! ;)

4 comments:

  1. I really like how you called it a stinky ending! Makes me think of a crossword puzzle clue, "of cheese or endings". Glad your stinky day ended, tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unfortunate incident! The following words really added to horror of your accident- "dis-gus-ting", "-gag-" & "Oh, the smell". By the way, as a trail walker - thank you for picking up your "dog's business" and throwing it away! Here's to no more face plants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! But it's sweet that your dog tried to help :) I hope that you have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post made me laugh! This sounds so much like something that I would do! I hope the smell finally went away!

    ReplyDelete