Friday, March 15, 2019

Slice of Life, Day 15--"The Best Part of His Day"

I get home later and later it seems. My house search drags on, using up all my gas budget, my sleep time, and my emotional energy. Who knew that finding a home would be so emotional?? Not me!

So, as I've walked away from no less than 10 houses these last few weeks, I've had to also walk away from time with my dog, Yadi. I try to take him out for drives with me, but sometimes, it just doesn't work out.

Either way, this sweet baby meets me at the door when I get home, ready for a walk, snuggles, and dinner. He gives me a zap of energy when he runs down the steps and starts weaving around me like a cat.



I was on the phone with my dad the other day when Yadi charged down the steps to greet me, a huge smile on his face.

"He acts like he doesn't even care that I just had to leave him all day..." I said guiltily to my dad.

"That's because you coming home is the  best part of his day," he replied.

How sweet.

Sometimes, I'll admit, it's the best part of my day, too. :)

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a golden retriever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet face! I hope you will find just the right home soon so that you can enjoy more special time with this guy.

    ReplyDelete