Saturday, March 16, 2019

Slice of Life, Day 16--"A Slippery Saturday Poem"

I slept last night.

Really slept

For the first time in a long time



I woke up to still-sleepy eyes

And knew it was going to be

A slow-ish kind of day



I took nap on the couch

Sipped my coffee

Took the dog for a walk to soak up the sun



Now it's almost 9 at night

And I find myself wondering

Where did the day go?



Like sand through my fingers

It slipped away, slowly, restoratively

Just what my brain needed...a quiet, slippery Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. I, too, had a quiet, slippery Saturday. It went by quickly, but it was a good day of rest and relaxation. "It slipped away, slowly, restoratively; Just what my brain needed...a quiet, slippery Saturday." - LOVE this final line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your imagery of your Saturday being like sand between your fingers. I feel that way about my Saturday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you got the rest your body needed. Glad that you listened and had a quiet slippery Saturday. Lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slow-ish days are my favorite! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete