Sunday, March 10, 2019

Slice of Life, Day 10--"Can't Sleep. Thanks, Daylight Savings Time."

I can't sleep.

And it's time to sleep.

My dog is asleep.

My body is tired.

But, my brain is still on overdrive.


I know the drill, Daylight Savings Time.

"Spring Forward" into what, I wonder?

A week of messed up nights?

A week of dark mornings?

A week of not-enough-sleep hangovers?


All I can think about is...

If I'm tired, how exhausted will the kids be?

Will our collective grouchiness

Make us all laugh or unable to concentrate?

I can't sleep. And I know who to blame.


I hope you treat us well this year, Daylight Savings Time.

Please, go easy on us.

I can't sleep.

And I'm worried

That no one else can either.


3 comments:

  1. Spring forward to what? That is a good question. I never have found an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I also am wondering what my students will be like tomorrow...maybe we will need a nap time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt every line of your poem!

    ReplyDelete