Sunday, March 3, 2019

Slice of Life, Day 3-- "An Essential Operations Only Day"

Today I kept my operations limited to only what was essential.

As the powder-fine snow fell for most of the day, I...

*Drank coffee

*Played with my dog, Yadi, in the snow

*Did laundry

*Face-timed my family

*Looked at houses online

*Made a grocery list for tomorrow

Yes, there was more to do and more on the calendar,

But we don't have many days left that will be filled with snow from morning to afternoon.

And so, I watched it fall and did just enough work to keep the momentum going.

Tomorrow will come soon enough.

The pace will pick up to full-speed.

Maybe I'll wish I'd done more...

Or maybe...I'll be glad I took an unplanned brain break.

Quiet and peaceful.

Just the essentials.





2 comments:

  1. this is such a nice way to account for your day in a leisurely way. I think your snow is headed our way tonight. I especially like these lines: "Maybe I'll wish I'd done more... /Or maybe...I'll be glad I took an unplanned brain break."

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I love the background on your blog page. It's making my fingers itch to take out the color pencils.

    ReplyDelete