Friday, March 2, 2018

Slice of Life March 2nd-- "A Lovely Day"




"The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it."
Richard Bach

Yesterday was full of lovely moments.

I got started slicing again (which always makes me wonder why I stopped!). I love this challenge and this family of writers. It feels like coming home. Yesterday was full of lovely moments.

I discovered that one of my favorite blogs to read in the past years is written by a teacher in my new district who also teaches ELLs! The reminder of how small the world is was reassuring. 

The comments on my blog reminded me how special is to work with the kiddos in my classroom. Feeling thankful in the middle of a week of standardized testing is a plus. It helped me open my eyes and *see* my kids, again. How blessed I am!

On top of all that, my physical therapy went a-maz-ing. My therapist said she could really tell a difference! I'm in PT to help me fine-tune some muscle issues I've had for a loooonnnnng time. Ten years and a brain surgery later, I think I'm finally paired with some people who are going to make a huge difference in my life. Thank God for Indianapolis and such skilled doctors and physical therapists who are at the top of their field! I left with a huge smile. 

Last but not least, my old school has not only continued the slicing tradition with teachers and students, they've grown! Over 350 kids committed to slice for a month. It makes my heart so happy to hear that a new group of kids will experience the joy of writing, persevering, and bonding over words. And I've gotten to reconnect with my old writing buddies through blogging. So fun!

Yes, yesterday was full of lovely moments...and I've enjoyed them all over again by writing about it.

Happy Friday!


2 comments:

  1. Wow that was some day!!! This line: I love this challenge and this family of writers. It feels like coming home -- completely sums up why I slice. This community is everything. and 350 kids -- what a legacy!!! Look forward to connecting this month.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- you really did have lovely moments. And how exciting that you are part of a community of slicers in your school. This is a goal of mine.

    ReplyDelete