Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Slice of Life, Day 21-- "A Snowy Wish Granted!"

My niece has been talking about coming to Indy for Spring Break for months. Her family lives in Arkansas, so they don't see much snow.  She has watched all winter with envious eyes as I've face-timed her from my snowy window. She prayed and prayed that when she visited in the middle of March, it would snow.

I've prayed and hoped that our crazy Indiana March weather wouldn't disappoint her.

Last night we did all the snow rituals: spoons under all the beds, PJs worn backwards, and ice cubes flushed. I secretly crossed my fingers and held my breath...

And when I opened the window this morning...SNOW!!!! And it was still coming down!!

It was only an inch or so, but it delighted the heart of a little girl. Her miracle happened, and she relished it. We threw snowballs, played with my dog, and watched from the window as the snow fell around us.

It was pure magic in my home this morning, friends, with that snowy wish granted,


1 comment:

  1. So happy she got her wish! Hope the whole visit will be special.

    ReplyDelete