Saturday, March 10, 2018

Slice of Life, Day 10-- "A Bit of Welcome Sun Today!"

It was so nice to see the sun today, and to be able to enjoy it! It feels as though the sun's rays are beginning to warm up. For me, it was the first day it felt like spring was coming!

My dog even spent some time out on my balcony. The railing around it is built with wooden slats vertically that have 2 inch (or so) gaps between them. It also has a space at the bottom big enough for a tennis ball to fall through; a lesson my golden retriever learned the hard way this fall.

I left the door open, only to come out and see him sprawled on the balcony, front feet hanging off the front, and his snout resting comfortably in between the rails. I think he actually had his eyes closed for awhile, soaking up the sun like dogs do.

The arrival of spring-like weather is exciting, but to be honest, I'd rather have slightly damp, chilly days until school is out. Once I get the spring bug under my skin, it can be hard to focus!

But today, I welcome it. It was a wonderful break from the dark of winter and a glimpse into the near future! Spring is almost here!






1 comment:

  1. Aww your dog is definitely a happy pup in the sunshine. I agree that it's better to have damp & chilly days until school is out. You keep your students' focus longer.

    ReplyDelete