Monday, March 26, 2018

Slice of Life, Day 26-- "As Vacation Settles Into My Bones'

As Spring Break vacation settles into my bones, I feel...

Freedom and deep breaths

The alarm clock blissfully silent as my internal clock moves later and later

The pressures move off my shoulders

And my movements becoming less planned and hurried.


As I start this second week of vacation, I feel

My pace move from "must get done now" to "will get done when I get to it"

My slices getting finished closer to the midnight deadline

The coffee being slipped, not gulped

And the days moving slowly, happily unconscious of the clock


As I enter this final week of vacation, I feel

Refreshed

Renewed

Ready

And I wonder how I ever lived with only one week of break for so many years...


No comments:

Post a Comment