Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Slice of Life, Day 13--"An Ode to the Lingering Snow"

Snow falling, swirling, blowing

At noon everyday this week

And other times, too

Random, white flakes

Of luck

Falling, as a blue sky and sun

Sparkle in the background

A gift in the window

That I pretend is just for me

I stop every single time

And find a window to stare out

To really look

Appreciate it

Watch it

Study it

And create memories

That I'll hold until next winter

Beautiful, lingering snow

You've made my days lovely






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem and lovely outlook on something that can't be changed. I also love the falling snow, the fresh white frosting flowing across the world. Thanks for sharing! ~ Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gift in the window... I really like that line

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was written with so many great details. The sky did take on so many shades in IL today. We also had blue sky and sunshine to dark sky with snowflakes. I found myself with my sun glasses on and off multiple times this afternoon. Then in the next moment it was snowing, blowing and sparkling.

    ReplyDelete