Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Slice of Life, Day 20--"A Full Day--In a Non-Stressful Way"

It's not often in real life that I make it to almost 11:00--must be Spring Break! :) What a difference it makes! I'm going to bed dreaming of tomorrow, not rehashing how today went in my head. I feel carefree and light.

I had someone (who normally sees me after school) comment about how much different I was today. She said that normally I seem so exhausted, not just physically, but emotionally. I tried to explain the stress of the job, but I could tell I wasn't communicating it right. She didn't get it.

It made me wonder if that was how most teachers feel. I love my job, but it is draining and nearly impossible to describe. How can I explain to someone the things we deal with each day? How do I tell them how much I love my kids and worry about them at night? Add to that the meetings, the planning, the everything....and I just don't think it's possible!

Don't get me wrong--I'm not complaining! It's just interesting to me how much of a difference one day of Spring Break can make.

Do any of you have these same issues? How do you handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment