Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Slice of Life, Day 28-- "The Winter-Spring Switch"

I love holidays and seasons, and I love to celebrate. So, it only stands to reason that I love to decorate, too, right?

Other than a month a Christmas, I keep my house decor themed with the weather season. I enjoy the challenge of redoing things, and I look forward to the day I get to switch it all up!

Today was that day...a little late, but we had 10 inches of snow here in Indy on Saturday, so it just didn't feel like it was time. :)

Here's how it goes for me, usually:

1. Take down proceeding season's decor.
2. Store it.
3. Pull out the new season and add in the new things I've usually bought in anticipation.
4. Put it up.
5. Take most of it down and move it around.
6. Stare intensely at the new arrangement.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 many times over many days.
8. Go to Hobby Lobby or antique store for one last thing...
9. Add the final touch.
10. Keep working until it's perfect!

Usually, about a month into the season, I'm satisfied. It's one of those things where the process is as fun as the product!

1 comment:

  1. That’s a good idea. I have holiday decorations, but other things stay the same. I like to think “things” are not that important, but I get attached to things in my house, remembering where I got them or who gave them to me.

    ReplyDelete