Monday, March 12, 2018

Slice of Life, Day 12--"A Favorite Annual Formal Revisited"

I am a teacher, a dreamer, a dog-mom, a daughter, a sister, and an aunt.


I keep everything. It's a problem. Even with a move in the last year, I hoard. It took a small U-haul just to move my school stuff. I'm not proud of it.


I am a teacher, a dreamer, a dog-mom, a daughter, a sister, and an aunt.

I keep everything. It's a problem. Even with a move in the last year, I hoard. It took a small U-haul just to move my school stuff. I'm not proud of it.

I wish I could do so much more for my kids. Their sincerity, their love, their joy, and their resilience make them deserving of the very best.

I love the arrival of spring. It is like it leaves little clues around for us to find...a bloom here, a green batch there. It's so fun!

I sing mostly in the car on the way to school. I really hate it when I have a cold or a sore throat because it messes up my whole morning!

I think our country needs to think about immigration with open eyes. It's too real to too many people to ignore the issue or try to do quick, flashy "fixes".

I really wish there were more hours in the day.  I would use them to exercise, sleep more, and do devotions in the morning.

I need someone to clean up after me. I leave trail of things around the house and sometimes the classroom. My students learn early to look frantically when they hear, "Does anyone see my coffee?"

I should be better about going to bed on time. I wish I didn't have to sleep!

I can appreciate the small things in life. It is a pleasure to lose myself in a moment of beauty or emotion.

I like to try my Spanish in my class with my students. I'm pretty bad, but they humor me so it's fun.

I make my apartment over for each season. Right not, even though I want to put out Spring decor, I can't until it's officially Spring in a few weeks! It makes for just the right amount of anticipation and fun!

I always try to be kind to everyone. It comes back 100 fold.

3 comments:

  1. Kindness ... something I have been trying to be more aware of this year.

    Look for Tim Gels blog today about coffee... your comment reminded me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your format! I was scrolling through today's slices for inspiration as I feel I am hitting a wall - and I found you. Thank you so much!!!!! Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for inspiration tonight and found it here too! I love the simple format that allows for reflection and insight! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete