Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Slice of Life, Day 6-- "The Sign of the Orange Juice"

I should've seen it coming 2 days ago when I bought orange juice, oranges, and cuties at the store and everything else from the produce section sounded gross. I just thought maybe I was on a citrus kick.

But today it started.

The stuffy nose. Watery eyes. Tickle in the throat. Little coughs here and there. And then I drank all the orange juice. And ate an orange.

I don't even like orange juice 99% of the time, but when I'm sick, my body subconsciously craves it--even before I feel sick, apparently!

Hopefully it works its magic and this little bug moves on as quickly as it came. In the meantime, I think I'll have another orange.


3 comments:

  1. Yes, vitamin C and rest. Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it perfect how our bodies know just what they need? If only we listened more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your cold, but I especially like your one sentence paragraph--very effective!

    ReplyDelete