Saturday, March 2, 2019

Slice of Life, Day 2-- "A Day of House Hunting"

Today I spent the chilly winter day inside house hunting online. I realize that listening to stories about house hunting are pretty much only interesting to the parties involved, but it's literally all I did! I don't have time to look during the week, only to go to showings, so weekends are my time.

After I slice, I'm determined to put away the computer and let my brain rest.

As a first time homebuyer, it's been an up and down process for me, but March may bring the end of the stress (at least of finding one!). I've seen enough to have figured out what I want (mostly...) and to pick a few neighborhoods (mostly...) and to settle on a budget (mostly...).

I still dream of finding that perfect home, which for me, ironically, starts as a non-perfect, 100-year old home...fixing it up, bringing it back to life, and finding homeowner's bliss in my little slice of history. Probably not happening!

Most of those homes in Indianapolis are either not in my budget or not in my timeline to get fixed up.

So, the truth is I'll probably settle somewhere in between all of it...there are so many options, and yet people keep saying I'll know it when I find it...

I think those people might watch too much HGTV. ;)

-sigh-

5 comments:

  1. There is nothing like buying your first home! I hope you find one that is absolutely perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it all comes together eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your slice today connects to mine! I believe you'll find the right place. Be patient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checking out houses, especially your first one is so fun, yet so exhausting. I am not even looking for a new house, but still find myself on realtor.com "looking." It is addictive. Good luck on your search!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! There are SO many online rabbit holes, and house hunting is definitely one of them. Old house have such charm. Good luck and enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete